The purpose of the Stormwater Department is to keep Bryant compliant under the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit as required by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (A.D.E.Q.). Staying compliant means we perform activities of the Six (6) state requirements. These activities involve inspections of: new construction projects, municipal facilities, waterway outfalls, basins, and other elements of the stormwater conveyance systems within the city limits of Bryant. We are also involved in Public Outreach, Public Participation, Good Housekeeping, Training, and illicit discharge elimination, all to help Bryant reduce stormwater pollution and improve environmental health. We also identify drainage issues and work toward solutions.Report a Concern
To Report any Illicit Discharge call (501)-943-0449
Friday Feb 24, 2023 01:02 PM
Project will start after parkway has been...
DATE: Friday Feb 24, 2023 01:02 PM
Wednesday Dec 07, 2022 10:12 AM
Scheduled completing active model 1st quarter...
DATE: Wednesday Dec 07, 2022 10:12 AM
Wednesday Dec 07, 2022 08:12 AM
PHASE 1 COMPLETE
DATE: Wednesday Dec 07, 2022 08:12 AM
Stormwater Pollution Prevention
Stormwater is rain that falls on roofs, lawns or paved areas, like driveways & roads, and is carried away by a system of stormwater pipes or culverts and ditches. As it flows over the land surface, stormwater picks up or is contaminated by debris, chemicals, dirt and other pollutants. This untreated water is discharged into water bodies we use for swimming, sport, fishing and eventually drinking.
Stormwater Pollution Prevention - You can make a difference!
Things You Can Do
- Landscaping - planting trees and vegetation helps filter pollutants and slow the velocity of runoff.
- Don't Litter - protect waterways. Keep trash and debris picked up.
- Sprinklers - try to keep the water on your lawn and off of the streets.
- Fertilizers - use organic when you can or compost from your home. Use only the amount recommended.
- Dumpsters - keep the lid closed and a plug in the bottom at all times.
- Car Wash - use the commercial bays, they drain to treatment plant. At home park on lawn & use water only or environmentally safe detergents.
- Pet Waste - pick up and dispose of properly
- Septic System - routinely service, keep in proper working order.
- Auto Maintenance - eliminate leaks that contaminate lots and roads
- No Burning in Ditches
- No Grass Clippings Into Drains and Roads
Current Stormwater Projects
We have completed the vetting process and an engineering firm has been selected to begin looking at areas in the city negatively impacted by stormwater. The initial area of focus will be on areas that have the greatest potential for flooding inside homes/structures.
Proper maintenance is crucial to keep the City's stormwater drainage facilities functioning. Learn how we maintain the stormwater infrastructure and what you can do to help by downloading our Stormwater Management Tips.