Posting: April 28, 2022
Closing: Open Until Filled
Applications may be completed online at www.cityofbryant.com or picked up at the Human Resource Department at 210 S.W. 3rd Street, Bryant, AR 72022. A city application must be completed and submitted to be considered for this position.
Download Full Description
$54,978 - $68,722
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Provides management and oversight for the City's buildings and property maintenance. Ensures that all buildings and property are in good working order through periodic inspections and work order requests from the Mayor and other department heads or their designated representative; initiates necessary actions, plans and schedules for routine maintenance, renovations and any new construction which can be accomplished internally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan and schedule routine maintenance and establish work priorities for a variety of city facilities.
2. Manage contract services for facilities and grounds (pest control, lawn/landscaping, janitorial) to include ensuring quality and timeliness of services rendered.
3. Maintain knowledge of all City buildings, heat and air systems, plumbing, and electrical systems.
4. Work with department leadership to develop long-term preventative maintenance plans and asset management systems for city facilities.
5. Analyze utility bills annually for savings and efficiencies. Present findings to appropriate department heads for budgeting purposes.
6. Receive and respond to requests for repairs or other maintenance items. Initiate work orders through work order tracking system. Complete bid specifications for jobs as needed.
7. Track and receive on purchase orders to ensure timely payment on invoices.
8. Provides designs and estimates materials and costs for remodeling, alterations, and installation projects in various facilities.
9. Create and maintain maintenance material and equipment inventories as needed.
10. Perform both minor and complex repairs and maintenance tasks in various facilities.
11. Responsible for the management of maintenance duties such as painting, carpentry, masonry, and general upkeep involving structures, equipment, furnishings, floor covering, acoustical ceilings, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, electrical, and related systems.
12. Manage and track maintenance projects to ensure the timely and effective completion.
13. Ensure that all safety standards, regulations and proper permitting/inspections are adhered to.
14. Maintain appropriate skill level in the operation of hand and power tools.
15. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
16. Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner as required in a safety sensitive position.
17. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 4 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Class "D" driver’s license. Ability to obtain CJIS certificate and remain compliant.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
IFMA Certified Facility Manager preferred, ICC Building Inspectors License - Commercial, State HVAC Inspectors License, State Plumbing Inspectors license, State Electric Inspectors license preferred.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Database, Spreadsheet
Basic: 10-Key, Presentation/PowerPoint, Word Processing/Typing
Outside working environment, wherein there are disagreeable working conditions part of the time.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions; and occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, moderately physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which requires somewhat diversified physical demands of the employee.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.