Transportation Project Summaries
- Earthwork is to grade from Raymar Rd to Hunter Lee. Beginning grading from Hunter Lee to Shobe Road.
- Paving and construction is almost completed May 2019
- Construction Start Date-In Progress May 2018
- PROJECT COMPLETED
- Alternative B is currently being pursued as the preferred alternative after other route were disqualified.
- Airport Commission has agreed to Alternative B as the best alternative route.
- The Airport has submitted their Master Plan Update to the FAA showing the area for Bryant Parkway as Non-Aeronautical use. Once the FAA approves the Master Plan Update, a land release request can be submitted to the FAA for approval.
- Preliminary Bridge Plans have been submited to Union Pacific Railroad for review.
- 90% Roadway and Bridge plans for Bryant Parkway from Shobe to south side of bridge are complete. Roadway plans are 60% complete.
- Working with Saline County Airport to prepare the required Airport Layout Plan update, waiting on FAA approval.
- FEMA has approved the bridge across Crooked Creek
- Union Pacific Railroad has issued preliminary approval of the bridge over the railroad.
- Coordinating with Entergy to raise Transmission Lines where required.
- Waiting on FAA approval to move forward.
- Topo Surveys Completed
- Parcel Surveys Completed
- 30% Submittal Completed
- 60% Submittal In Progress
- 90% Submittal December 2020
- Final Submittal March 2021
- Planned Construction Start April 2021
- Top Surveys Completed
- Designs are 100% Complete
- Design Surveys Completed
- 30% Submittal -in progress Completed
- 60% Submittal Completed
- Final Submittal Completed
- Anticipated Completion February 2021
- The City has engaged an engineering firm to create a temporary improvement design that includes signalization. Once the design is complete ARDOT will need to approve. The city plans to use surplus equipment to expedite this project as much as possible.
- 60% plans were submitted to ARDOT for review and ARDOT's response indicated that they will not allow a signal to be installed without widening HWY 5 to include left turn lanes. They are also requiring that a permanent signal is installed as opposed to the temporary signal that was proposed. Due to the high cost associated with these additional improvements, the city and Garver met with ARDOT to look for other solutions.
- ARDOT has a future widening project programmed on HWY 5 through this area, and after the meeting with ARDOT it was determined that ARDOT may be able to expedite the construction of the signal and the 5 lane section near this intersection. Garver is assisting the city in drafting a letter to ARDOT to officially make the request to expedite this project. At this point we have received no indication that this timeline will be moved up. 8/4/2020
Parks and Recreation Projects Summaries
*Project designs and timelines are subject to change as projects progress.
- Phase 1 Completed
- Phase 2 - Design Completed
Mills Park Trails Update
- Initial Design is Complete
- Demolition is Complete
- Light Installation Complete
- Sept-Oct Fence Installation
- March 2020- Re-Opened
- July 2020 Received Approval for New Playground and Bathroom Facility
- January 2021 Playground Completed
Alcoa Park Upgrades
- July 2020 Received Approval for New Bathroom Facility
Bishop Park Upgrades
- July 2020 Change Order Approved for Cost on New Park Festival Lighting and Pavilion.
- Pavilion and Lighting Project Completed