Transportation Project Summaries
- Project Completed December 2018
- Working through punch list on final project
- Earthwork is to grade from Raymar Rd to Hunter Lee. Beginning grading from Hunter Lee to Shobe Road.
- Paving and construction is almost completed May 2019
- Construction Start Date-In Progress May 2018
- Anticipated Completion Summer 2019
- Alternative B is currently being pursued as the preferred alternative after other route were disqualified.
- Airport Commission has agreed to Alternative B as the best alternative route.
- The Airport has submitted their Master Plan Update to the FAA showing the area for Bryant Parkway as Non-Aeronautical use. Once the FAA approves the Master Plan Update, a land release request can be submitted to the FAA for approval.
- Preliminary Bridge Plans have been submited to Union Pacific Railroad for review.
- 30% Roadway and Bridge plans for Bryant Parkway from Shobe to south side of bridge are complete and will be submitted to the city in November
- Coordinating with Entergy to raise Transmission Lines where required.
- Topo Surveys Completed
- Parcel Surveys Completed
- 30% Submittal In progress
- 60% Submittal December 2018
- 90% Submittal January 2019
- Final Submittal March 2019
- Planned Construction Start April 2019
- Township is nearing completion but still has to pave the shared use path, finish pouring driveways, and lay sod.
- Construction In Progress
- Anticipated Completion December 2018
- Top Surveys Completed
- Garver is beginning design and will expedite design and environmental documentation in order to meet the project schedule.
- Design Surveys Completed
- 30% Submittal -in progress December 2018
- 60% Submittal February 2019
- Final Submittal May 2019
- Anticipated Completion April 2020
Bryant Parkway/ Stagecoach Road Intersection Improvements
- The City has engaged an engineering firm to create a temporary improvement design that includes signalization. Once the design is complete ARDOT will need to approve. The city plans to use surplus equipment to expedite this project as much as possible.
Hillfarm Road and Reynolds Intersection Improvement
- Intersection Improvements are currently under-way (July 2019). Anticipated signalization is August 2019
- 60% Construction Plans is complete
- Design has been approved by city and will be submitted to ARDOT and Metroplan for review prior to moving forward with Final Design.
- Design Surveys Completed
- 10% Submittal Completed
- 60% Submittal Completed
- Final Submittal December 2018
- Construction Begins December 2018
Parks and Recreation Projects Summaries
*Project designs and timelines are subject to change as projects progress.
Bishop Parking Lot and Landscaping
- Goes out to Bid June 2018
- City Council Approval June 2018
- Work Begins August 2018
- Anticipated Completion November 2019
- Phase 1 Completed
- Phase 2 - Design Completed
- August 2019 Grant Application Due
Mills Park Trails Update
- Info coming soon!
- Initial Design is Complete
- Demolition is Complete
- August 2019 Light Installation
- Sept-Oct Fence Installation
- November Re-Open
- Location -- Alcoa Park
- Funding has been identified May 2019
- Initial Design is complete
- July 2019 Fencing Installed
- August-Sept Amenities Installation Scheduled
- October 2019 Grand Opening