Through a close working relationship and open door policy the Legal Department seeks to build a strong relationship with each City Department and with the citizens of Bryant.
This office is led by Chris Madison, who was appointed by the Mayor in early 2012.
“ My job is to keep the vehicle of city government between the lines, under the speed limit and stopping at stop signs on the road to progress and improvement.”
This office primary serves three divisions:
- In-House Services- Provides counsel and advice to the Mayor, the City Council, and each of the City's administrative departments and offices
- Civil Litigation -Prosecutes and defends all civil claims on behalf of the City in state and federal court
OrganizationsRepresenting Bryant in the following roles:
- First Vice President of the Arkansas City Attorney's Association
- Fourth year member of the *National League of Cities Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Federal Advocacy Committee
- Third year member of the National League of Cities Leadership Fellows. Fellows provide:
- Outreach to colleagues to promote NLC University offerings
- Cultivation of leaders within the organization
- Peer networking & support among leaders committed to professional development
- Increasing connection to state municipal league educational programming
- Field testing new educational platforms or learning models
- Providing Feedback on the overall program
With unprecedented strategic partnerships, access to national experts, and high quality peer-to-peer exchange, NLC University programs deliver real-world solutions-and innovative new approaches-to the challenges city leaders face every day.